4/19/2011

The First Entry...

Welcome
Hi everyone and welcome to my blog, A Nature Lover's Journal.  Here I will post various things in each entry: birdwatching notes, weather, favorite quotes and bible verses, progress on some of my works in progress, and anything else that may be interesting.
Well, here goes nothing...

Weather Status
Number one quote about this place is that it "has its own weather" and I have to say it's rather true.  Last week was beautiful outside! Sunny, warm, not too much wind- the tulips even began to bloom.  Unfortunately things took a bit of a turn around on Saturday, which led to the reschedualing of a zoo trip that I was looking forward too.  It was pouring outside.  Oh well, "April showers bring May flowers," right?  Well it doesn't end there.  Sunday resulted in about an hour of relatively hard snow, and it also snowed all day Monday.  (Yep, apparently it snows here in April.)  Although I can't complain too much... I love snow :)  Fortunately for the tulips, none of it stuck.

Birdwatching Update
Due to the weather I haven't been out since Friday, but since this is the first entry I suppose I can give you all the details of what I saw.  I was blessed with one of the best birdwatching days ever.  I had my first sighting of a Brown Creeper, and my first confirmed sighting of a Hairy Woodpecker.  I saw three other species wich I couldn't identify and down by the lakeshore I had some wonderful sightings of Ring-Billed Gulls and Red-Breasted Mergansers using my telescope.  I also had my second sighting of one of my favorite birds, the Common Loon.  I really love their call, its both eerie and beautiful at the same time- the song of nature.  I also saw an American Robin on the way back to the dorm.

Writing Updates
Progress on Cotton~Tales (a collection of true short stories about my life with rabbits) has been moving decently.  Last night I also started on a new project... kind of a pocket guide to lagomorph language and behavior.  I think I'm gonna fail miserably at my first Screnzy attempt though... I only have 4 pages done :p
School work has been keeping me away from my writing, but soon I'll get a four month break and a good portion of it will be spent writing.

A Downside...
My dad called me the other day and informed me that the hamster, Daisy, has been missing for about a week :(  He's positive she was stolen, but it seems more likely to me that she just managed to slip out of her cage somehow...she's a proven escape artist.  I hope she turns up, but it doesn't look good...

Verse of the Day
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed you can say to this mulbery tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you."
~Luke 17:6 NIV

Well, Enjoy the day everybody!
~wolfloversk

No comments:

Post a Comment